Thursday 11 November 2010

KEEP IT SIMPLE...then the difficult will be attainable

"What is Love?" In mathematics (as bad as I was) I was taught to break down what seems to be complicated to gain understanding. I no longer ask for love from a person, instead I ask for Respect, Patience and Honesty.
Respect: Understanding that the other person is entitled to happiness and peace just as much as you are or you desire it.
Patience: Understanding that humans were made to always be a 'work in progress', that they can and will carry out actions not always favourable to others, also to understand that some genuinely want to act in a manner that is pleasing to others but require the patience and guidance of others to attain that.
Honesty: Telling like it is, minus the fluff, regardless of not being favoured in the end. Doing this with yourself, and with others when it is called for. Let's not fool ourselves starting out with a lie, that is already the beginning of the end. This factor breeds good communication and rekindles a fire you thought once lost, whether within yourself or a relationship. Yes it has that mystical power.
In carrying out these, which are simplistic and easy to understand in nature, I believe you attain that which always eludes us...Love, because asking for LOVE is asking for something we readily don't understand but grasping the pillars of it however I believe is a sure way to go. Also I no longer struggle with what was of the past, it creates a certain amount of strife and frustration, if we today just take on certain principles there is no task whether marriage or any form of relationship we cannot take on and be successful at. Generations come and go but good and bad virtues are timeless, it's just a matter of choice which we adhere to. It happens often when I share my thoughts on such issues it would be downplayed as wishful thinking, and I smile, because bitter people can't taste honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment