Wednesday 8 February 2012

Ask yourself....©

Ask yourself: if you weren't TOLD about God would you come to believe or know God exists, or a God exists? And if so how would you go about finding out or knowing about God? If you weren't told marijuana was a DRUG what would you call it? What would you think about it? If you agree that homosexuality is wrong what made you agree to that? Was it because you were told to think it was wrong or you concluded from your own introspection or independent research and thought processes that it's wrong? How many things do we live by because we were told to do so and not because we did our own self analysis? How many of us are robots as opposed to rational thinking beings? How many of us are zombies as opposed to living?©

3 comments:

  1. i like... ok soo I'm gonna attempt a response at the expense of being lynched... well yes i think i would have come to know about God because of the people I grew up around, which is indirectly how i became a Christian (their examples and influences)... re the Marijuana i'm guessing i would just call it another herb like thyme lol (seriously dunno) Re homosexuality i believe its wrong bcz as simple as it sounds God made and Adam and Eve, and to go further think puzzle pieces,pieces are made to fit a specific part when you try and force it into the wrong place it tears or breaks because it's not supposed to be there... *shrug* that's keeping it simple, I will admit I was "told" that it was wrong, but while growing up i formed my own opinion and thoughts... I have homosexual friends and they know how I feel about their lifestyle...
    I try not to do that "live by it because we were told to do so and not because we did our own self analysis" I do make attempts at thinking outside the box... but sometimes i guess as a living human being I by default just play it safe on some things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without that influence from your family, how would you have come to know God or know that there is a God rather?

      Delete
    2. Well I'm assuming that one of those many people that are called to Missions or Evangelism would have gotten to me, I'm a reasonable person, so if it made sense to me I would have done my research on it and possibly be where I am now, in a rship with the Christ.

      Delete