Thursday 5 August 2010

TRUE OR FALSE?

So today myself with the assistance of some friends on Twitter, Facebook and Blackberry Messenger conducted an informal survey: "Is it true or false that EVERY WOMAN has something about her body or a part of her body that she would change?" Of course one can guess the outcome, no then again maybe not everyone can accurately guess the outcome. I only received 7 False and yes A HEFTY amount of "True". Here is what got me though and I wasn't surprised about it; a lot, more specifically, majority of the ones that said "True" said that those who said "False" were lying. That to me shows a bit of envy and jealousy, for the fact that another woman has attained or claimed to attain physical security in herself. Also what it highlights is the selfishness of us humans in projecting our views onto the world. What many people over look is how we have been cultured through the influence of religious teachings especially from the Bible which advocate for the notion of imperfection (although I know the same Bible tells us how we were made in the image of God and fearfully made which is not pushed as much in my opinion) and that of the media (Hollywood and so forth). Why is it that we doubt the thought that man was made perfect in the light in which man was meant to be made, holistically, physically and individually?

No comments:

Post a Comment