Tuesday 4 May 2010

“Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise” (Proverbs 6:6).

Lets talk about that little voice in our heads, the one that constantly reminds you that there is way more you can do with what time and power you have. It's that restlessness you feel when you think about where you are and where you BELIEVE you can and/or should be. It whispers to you in the middle of the day, when you least expect it, THE LITTLE VOICE JUST HITS YOU: "look at you!", "look at me!!" Why do we continue to ignore it? Fear maybe? A lack of confidence? LAZINESS?! You could be a very hard worker who is still complacent, knowing there is more to you. Not everybody who is complacent is lazy but everybody who is lazy is complacent. Whatever it is, its just a matter of time before you run your head into the wall. I always say, don't die an 'I wish', die an 'I did'. No this is not a Rick Warren or Les Brown moment, its a real-talk moment.

*This paradigm shift or should I say epiphany, occurred when my Blackberry service expired...*hint hint* sometimes less is best and sometimes you spend a lot of time doing a whole bunch of nothing really!

2 comments:

  1. Love this Teion!!...I KNOW WAT THIS FEELS LIKE.. KNOW U HAVE SO MUCH PONTENTIAL, BUT ALL THE WORRIES, FEARS, JUST KEEEP U FROM DOIN IT.. I GUESS SOMETIMES U JUST NEED THAT EXTRA PUSH FROM SOMEONE ELSE...BUT FIRST U NEED TO REALLY WANT TO DO OR SEE THE NEED TO BEFORE THAT CHANGE CAN OCCUR..

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't have said it any better Patria.

    ReplyDelete