Sunday 9 May 2010

Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.

The Greek festival/ritual of celebrating the queen of heaven or mother of gods is now one of the world's most celebrated days, Mother's Day (I bet my readers are rolling their eyes at this point). I know I know, maybe I should have saved this article for some other time, nah, couldn't help myself, had to crash the party. However I'm not here to start a sermon, I want to take this opportunity not to celebrate but to just thank the MOTHERS for their genuine effort in nurturing the young ones, especially if you are in a situation where you're doing it on your own! (I pray a special prayer for the inactive and missing fathers). Also I would like to take this opportunity to frown upon the vessels of this land who don't deserve to be called mothers (say what you may but some just don't deserve the title). I just call them child bearers, the ones who neglected the seeds, or put the relationship between themselves and the world or a man above the needs of the seeds; the ones who brought forth a child thinking it will prevent a man from walking out of the relationship; the ones who brought forth a child just to flaunt her womanhood and not because she has GENUINE PASSION to nurture a child as it should be; and last but not least the ones that brought forth a seed just because she has to beat the 'body clock'!!! Again "Father, forgive them: for they know not what they do". To the mothers who educate themselves on the word of God so as to guide them in the nurturing of their seeds(the future of this world), the ones who make sacrifices only another mother of her kind can understand, the ones that KNOW FROM THE DEPTH OF THEIR SOULS that they have done their best, TO YOU I SAY THANKS! Thank you for making that mark on this world. To all my younger and expecting mothers, spend more time with your children, draw closer to God and his teachings, choose your partners(potential fathers) wisely, don't rush because your 'clock' is ticking, AND STOP LEAVING YOUR CHILDREN WITH WHOEVER AND HOWEVER TO GO PARTYING OR FOR NIGHTLIFE, parenting is not a cake walk, its a 24hr mission and responsibility. Click to listen Sizzla - Thank you Mama

1 comment:

  1. I do agree. Its funny that though I'm not a mother, not in the dictionary sense of the word yet i feel so fiercely protective of our children and yet I see so many mothers(or fathers)waste the opportunity God has given them to nurture and grow and teach a child. And when they lead them astray, they cry and wonder where they went wrong. It truly is time for our men and women to stand up and be better parents for our children.
    I take my hat off to all the real mothers, whether by nature or they have nurtured positive growth of our future men and women. They are truly the hands that rock the cradle and rule the world!!

    ReplyDelete